How to switch from WiFi to Cellular Internet
If you have a poor WiFi connection, it could cause a poor video connection during your telemedicine visit. This can also cause your video to constantly freeze, resulting in a failed telemedicine visit with your Clinician.
If your WiFi is poor, we recommend switching to Cellular Data for the virtual visit. This will strengthen your internet connection and video speed during your visit. Follow the steps below to learn how to disable your WiFi and enable the cellular data on your smartphone.
- Open the Settings app. You can find this in your App Drawer or on your Home screen. The icon looks like a gear.
- Tap the "Data usage" option. This should be located towards the top of the menu. Older versions of Android may have a "Mobile Networks" option instead.
- Tap the "Mobile data" slider. This will toggle your mobile data ON. On older versions of Android, check the "Data enabled" box.
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on Cellular
- Enable Cellular data slider
- Select the Cellular data option
- Enable Data Roaming slider